Well, I've gone and done it again. I've been very remiss about postin' awards and prizes I have received. I honestly do appreciate the awards and prizes and don't want anyone to think I don't. So ......
I received an award quite some time back from Jodi, over at It's about food family and life. She honored me with A Lovely Blog Award. Please check out her blog, I know you will enjoy it. She does a Movie Madness Monday that is a lot of fun and posts lots of good recipes. She shares adorable moments with her little girl and she is just a very sweet person. Go on over and visit a spell with her.
Thank you Jodi, and forgive me for takin' so long to write this post.
I received another award just last week from Tardevil over at Confessions of a 40-Something Mama Queen. She honored me with the Nobelpris Mom Award. She said this is an award that comes over from Norway and is suppose to read:
This is an award for being a wonderful Mom
You do fantastic work
Be proud of your accomplishments
If you haven't ever visited her, be sure and go check out her blog. She has a great blog and she's always got somethin' fun goin' on. She has a new I Wonder Wednesday that's great.
Thank you Tardevil for givin' me this special award.
Susan over at Raisin Toast had a I Pledge To Make A Difference giveaway on Election Day. She gave away a t-shirt with the Pledge of Allegiance printed on it, and I WON! Too cool!
Susan has a great blog and she has some awesome giveaways. Go check out Susan's site.
Thank you Susan!
I just won some Josh Ritter music from Muddywaters over at The Greasy Skillet. So mosey on over and visit with Muddywaters, he'll make you laugh and he posts some really good recipes.
Well I think I got everybody but wait, I just remembered
I got tagged by Lynette over at Crazed Mind. I've never been tagged before but I love readin' other peoples posts when they've been tagged. I really enjoyed readin' about you, Lynette. It's so fun to get to know new things about people you blog with.
I am suppose to provide 25 random things about me, Oh boy, I better be careful so I don't get censored or give the wrong impression.
1. I am a rebel, really. As a senior in H.S., I caused the whole H.S. to walk out. My Mom was so proud.
2. I have known my husband since 4th grade. I knew I wanted him way back when.
3. I knew the sex of my first child before she was born and I bought everything for a girl (drivin' everyone crazy. My Mom said, 'you're gonna be sorry) before her birth. They didn't do ultrasounds at that time.
4. I am a true middle child, third of five kids.
5. I drive a jeep.
6. Neither of my parents are livin'.
7. I am 5' 2 and 1/4 inches short.
8. I am a book worm.
9. I use to be addicted to coffee. Now I drink chicory, all day long.
10. I love to fish.
11. I was born in Yakima, Washington.
12. I knew the sex of my second child before he was born, and bought everything for a boy before his birth. I wouldn't let my doctor do an ultrasound. It was too new and I didn't want my baby to be a guinea pig. Even though I do like pigs.
13. When I first lived away from home after H.S., two men came into my house and held me and friends at gunpoint for a couple of hours while they were hidin' from the police.
14. I have over 200 cookbooks.
15. I love snow.
16. I am still best girl friends with my H.S. best friend. My husband is my best friend. He makes me say that. But he really is my best friend.
17. I have had several ESP episodes throughout my life. I don't like tellin' people this, because now you think I'm some kind of kook, don't you? Admit it!
18. I was on our local School Board for 6 years. This totally blew away people who knew me back when.
19. I love wine.
20. I baked cookies for Jefferson Airplane/Starship (60-80's rock band). They said my peanut butter cookies were awesome.
21. I broke my toe leapin' out of bed while dreamin' a spider was leapin' at me. I hate spiders.
22. I found out I was related to my husband, right before I married him. His great-great uncle was my great grandmothers cousin. Or somethin' like that. I know, hillbillies. We like to keep it in the family if we can.
23. I am really, seriously addicted to chocolate to the point I have to stay away from it because if I eat ONE piece, I go on the awfullist binge. It's not pretty.
24. I love to travel and go on road trips.
25. I wear a size 7 shoe but a size 9 feels so good, I buy a size 10! I have a solid foundation.
Now, that was fun.
I know I am suppose to pick other bloggers to present these awards to and pass them on but I feel that everyone who reads my blog deserves an award! So please everybody take any of these awards on my blog. You deserve them, you are all such great bloggers.
I am also suppose to tag 5 people to post 25 random things about themselves.
Mary at My New 30
Muddywaters at The Greasy Skillet
Jal at JalsKitchen
SuzyQ at SuzyQ's Ramblings
Petals Yoga at Petals Yoga
Mary at Adventures in Housesitting
I know, I know, that's six not five.
Well now I'm caught up.
Youn's come back dreckly, ya hear?
8 hours ago