Tuesday, March 17, 2009

THE QUIET MAN


I don't know how I missed this movie, it's been on the boob tube at least a zillion times throughout the years AND I love John Wayne movies but I have never seen 'The Quiet Man'. Oh my goodness! What a good love story and a really fun entertainin' one at that. CD even watched it with me, and he enjoyed it. It is one of the best love stories and if you have never seen it be sure and check it out. It is traditionally shown on TCM every St. Patrick's Day and I'll be sure and watch it from now on.

I so wanted to just put the video clip here but I can not get it to work for me that way, I don't know what I am doin' wrong, so if anyone knows what to tell me, please do.

Click on the link and watch the clip. I so LOVE this movie. I am such a sucker for a good love story. They don't make very good ones anymore.

Thanks to Jodi over at Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow, I am now able to put that video on here for you. When you see the movie on TCM the quality is a lot better than on this video. Hope you get a chance to see this movie.





R.

16 comments:

Jodi said...

I was going to wait and ask my hubby if he'd ever seen this movie, but he's asleep! He really likes the JW movie "Big Jake." At least, I think that's the name of it! Have you seen it?

Oh and by the way, you won my giveaway! I posted the winner, but I'll need an email address from you so I can send that off to the company. CONGRATS! :)

Jodi said...

I'm going to TRY to help you embed this video. I have had trouble doing this before too but I have gotten it to work, so maybe it was your timing.

Here's what I did on YouTube. Choose a color (if you want)for the border of the video. Then copy (highlight) the code where it says "embed." Just make sure you get the entire code or it won't work. Then paste it into your text box on your blog and preview it to make sure it shows up. (There was a bit of a delay for me before it showed up.)I just did it on my blog but erased it to make sure I would tell ya right! Hope that helps!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

It must be time for me to be gettin' to bed. I forgot to mention to paste it in the "Edit HTML" tab instead of the "Compose" tab. Hope that makes sense.

rebel said...

Thank you Jodi, I pretty much did what you have suggested except I didn't paste it into the "Edit HTML". Thanks so much. Again.

Darlene said...

That looks like a great movie and I have never seen it.

Anonymous said...

I hope you ladies get a chance to watch this movie, if you like a good romance and some good laffs.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen this, thanks for the suggestion!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm going to have to check it out!

Deanna said...

OK Reb, I'm going to have to check that one out. Somehow I missed it too. Could be I was busy with life when it came out all those many years ago :)

Bo said...

Hi Rebel...I remember seeing this movie years ago on a late night channel and you are so right...It is a GREAT one...I wish Hollywood would go back to making them like this again! ;-) Bo

I am Harriet said...

Hi there.
Just stopping by via SITS to say hello.
Have a great day!

justjoycee said...

I love this movie....Joyce

muddywaters said...

It's a great movie. I love Maureen O'Hara in this one. I also like how a clip of this movie is used in Steven Spielberg's E.T.

Here at The Greasy Skillet we like to plan a dinner around a movie. This would be a great one to do.

The Muse said...

Well I cannot BELIEVE you never saw it... (lol, not calling you a fibber though LOL LOL)...just that ooo it is a GREAT movie....

One of my favs!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it too my friend!

BloggessJ said...

The Quiet Man is on my favorite movie list! I am a HUGE JW fan....My personal favorite is The Searchers....Great movie.