Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My son who is in the Army has been home on leave for three weeks and he left today to return to Ft. Hood. I think it's ironic that he left on Veterans Day.


Here he is after he graduated from boot camp. I don't think I've ever been prouder of him.
I'm not saying that I agree with all the politics that are going on over in the middle east and I'm not even saying that I agree with our soldiers being there. But I am proud of the individuals that have chosen to protect our country. A soldiers purpose is to protect our constitution. And those men and women (In some cases they are just boys and girls to me) who have chosen to do this are very brave and deserve our gratitude no matter what our beliefs are. And this is just my opinion and because of the sacrifices of these men and women, past and present, I can voice my opinion without fear of retaliation.


We spent the morning getting him ready to go.






I miss him already.




1 comment:

Camille said...

Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog. My husband has been a Marine for 17 years and we have been through many deployments. I think I miss him more when he is still home, getting ready to go then when he is gone, if that makes sense.

My gratitude to you and your family for being supportive of your son and to your son for what he does for his country.